Thursday, January 17, 2008

CatLady

It happened. I've become a crazy cat mom, well at least for a day.

I got home yesterday and Kimble had pus draining from her eye and wouldn't open it all the way. Anthony and I both took turns looking in her eye as she tried to squirm away. I let it go, no big deal. Well she continued to try to itch it and I felt bad. I called the vet down the street to see how much it would be to get her in. $34 doctor fee + treatment. Anthony tried to talk me down, but there was nothing that could be done. I was a crazy woman, sort of akin to "first child's first sickness" syndrome.

We scooped her up in a box and drove down to the vet. After a thermometer in the butt, an eye dyed green, 1 shot, a week's supply of antibiotic cream, and an $80 bill, we have a cat on the mend (or one that may have never been that sick). Anthony said the vet took one look at the cat, then at me, and thought JACKPOT.

I'm entitled to one freak out, right?

At least we now know she was probably already spayed and she's under weight (which is more we can say about anyone else in our house)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Kimble and now poor Megan and Anthony! Mom

Anonymous said...

What? No pussy-eyed picture.

Dad

Ms. Mayhem said...

Welcome to the club.