Thursday, February 14, 2008

Go Green.....Swimsuits!

The big thing now is to "Go Green" and try to "Erase Carbon Footprints". I won't pretend I completely understand it or well, even a little bit, but I do my part I suppose. We recycle every week . We bought a Civic because of the great gas mileage. I planted a tree once.......

Anyways, I was reading through a friend of a friend's blog about his New Year's resolutions. One his requests of his friends and family was whenever one of their old light bulbs burnt out that they would replace it with CFL bulb. Not an unfair request. He even explained that he was saving $30 a month on the electricity bill, which is $360 a year. Great, you can do a lot with the extra savings. He even suggested that $360 is the price for a Caribbean cruise, so take a nice vacation while going green. WHAT? Are you kidding me? I about blew a gasket. Does anyone else not see the hypocrisy in this statement?

All that energy and pollution you saved with your CFL bulb just went down the drain with the fuel the 200 ton ship just burned to cruise your butt around the Caribbean. Really? You're not helping your cause. So please, by all means, go green, but do be so naive to believe it is REALLY making a difference at that point in time.

1 comment:

"The Rob" said...

Tree huggers (like the vegetarian who eats fish) are always falling short in these regards. They always have to battle with "going green", and the realization that it's next to impossible. "Save fossil fuels," they exclaim. While they turn the heat up when it's cold, fill up their gas tank to drive alone to the next rally, etc. What they don't truly realize is to truly "go green" would be to give up most all modern "conveniences".