Monday, March 3, 2008

The Hiding Monster

I was flipping through channels on Saturday night and happened upon a documentary on Aileen Wuornos, the famous female serial killer. I've always been fascinated with cases like these. Not in a weird oooo murder-type way, but I think the investigation of the crime and the psychology of the murder and murder are so interesting. This makes me addicted to Cold Case Files and movies like Zodiac.

Well they started advertising the movie Monster, also about Wuornos, following the documentary. Of course I get all excited since I didn't see it in theaters and haven't rented it. I go out into the family room to tell Anthony. Without saying a word, he goes fumbling through our DVD collection. He hands over Monster. So yes, for like 2 years we've owned the movie and I completely didn't know it. Story of my life.

It was a very interesting movie and I highly recommend it. Maybe I'll go searching through the movies this afternoon to see what other surprises I can find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too am fascinated by crime scene investigative shows and things to that matter. It's weird how they can to try to get into the mind set of a killer, I don't know how they do it.

Thanks for commenting on my site.

You are a medical student, that is awesome! I applaud you. I bet you have to work really hard!

In regards to my daughter, I know my post didn't include to much history. She actually suffered two strokes either in utero or around the time of her birth. Now she has epilepsy and a whole other crop of things we are working on. Autism definitely isn't the issue. But I see how my post could make it sound that way. Arm flapping, I know is one of the major cues to autism. She responds well to her name though, socializes well, etc. We think the 'ticks' are obviously related to the strokes but I definitely wonder why she does it. I'm hoping that the physical and occupational therapy do well for her in that regard. Maybe the neurologist has seen this in some stroke victims, I'm not sure. Have you experienced anything to this nature in your studies relate to pediatric strokes? I'm open to any and all opinions!

If you want to read more about what happened read this post. It talks about most of her history.

http://projectmommy.wordpress.com/dear-kayla/