Monday, June 23, 2008

Well I survived boards. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated, but then again, everything I say always has the disclaimer that I may not have passed. But hopefully it is over and done with. I have to wait 6 weeks for my scores, which confuses me beyond belief. It's computerized....so why the long wait?

My first weekend of freedom was fun. Friday we went to a Royals game. After the game was the largest fireworks display in Kansas City's history. Unfortunately, it wasn't anything more spectacular than 4th of July displays when I'm back home, but I did get some cool new shots. Then we went to Shannon's birthday party. It was really nice seeing everyone after we all hunkered down to study for the past month.

Saturday we went shopping. For the last year my camera has a smudge on it.

See it? Really irritating, right? Ruins a nice picture. So I take it to a camera shop to see about it getting cleaned/fixed. Bad, BAD idea. It was going to be just $45 to look at my camera...that's not even opening it up/cleaning/fixing the part. And no guarantee it could be fixed. The lady basically told me it wasn't worth it, just go buy a new one. Ugh.

But the good news is I leave for home in less than a week. Our trip to Greece is just around the corner. I even got a few lunches with friends planned for the week. And now on to the cool shots I got at the Royals game.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

man, I love fireworks...

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. Did you get a new camera? Mom