Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

  1. I can watch almost any episode of a TV show or movie an obnoxious number of times. Over and over and over again. And I don’t get bored.
  2. I keep anything that has any remote sense of sentimental value to me. Movie tickets, cards, preschool drawings…hell I cremated my dog.
  3. I get star struck really, REALLY easily. And over people that aren’t even THAT important or star-worthy. Like Iowa football players in restaurants or singers that no one has heard of. I don’t know what I’d do if I actually had to talk to a celebrity.
  4. I used to mow the lawn until I rolled over a snake once and didn’t realize it. I didn’t hurt it, but it was huge and gray and freaked me out after I almost stepped on it. I haven’t mowed the lawn in 5 years.
  5. I’ve been to almost every state in the continental US.
  6. I’ve been blessed by the Pope in St. Peter’s Square. But I’m not Catholic.
  7. I almost didn’t interview at Kansas. I’m really glad I let Anthony talk me into it. I couldn’t have asked for better med school friends, MD/PhD group, or lab.
  8. I can’t stand couples that don’t have lives apart from themselves and can’t do anything without the other. I would go nuts.
  9. I didn’t understand text messaging until I got an iPhone. Now it’s probably my primary form of communication. But, it still feels slightly cold to me.
  10. I love greasy-spoon diners.
  11. I live for practical jokes. I have a running joke with my Dad that involves a large pair of underwear. They show up in random places, usually public.
  12. I only really like one kind of pen, Pilot Easytouch Fine. I have to order them online.
  13. I broke my arm running backwards when I was in grade school. I refused to run softball drills backwards in high school.
  14. My parents are two of my best friends.
  15. I have a real fear of getting stuck in the Lied elevator.
  16. I always have too much on my plate and not enough time to do it in. This always makes me feel inadequate.
  17. When I get married I want my pastor from Iowa City to preside. He means a lot to Anthony and me.
  18. I have naturally curly hair. People on a daily basis ask me how I get my hair like that.
  19. Anthony and my parents have sacrificed so much to get me where I am today. They’ll never know how much I appreciate it.
  20. I would love to go to law school, but I don’t think I can go that long without making an actual salary. Never mind the fact I’d be 45 when I’d start my first job.
  21. I love my cat, Kimble, more than a lot of people.
  22. Mr. Freeze ice cream is still my favorite. I wish they shipped.
  23. The best birthday party I’ve had was playing Whirlyball. I turned 24.
  24. I’m horrible with maps and reading directions in general. I failed the compass test in 2nd I was doomed. grade.
  25. I’m fascinated by constellations and can still name and identify a handful from HS astronomy.

No comments: