Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Introductions

Welcome to my new blog!

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to start and actually maintain a blog. So here we are. I suppose I should let you know a little bit about myself first.

I'm Megan and I'm 24 years old
. I graduated from the University of Iowa in May 2006 with a degree in Biology and minors in Political Science and Religious Studies. I'm currently in the MD/PhD program at the University of Kansas. I'm in my second year of med school and I'll graduate in May 2013 (yes, a long....long time). I have a passion for those suffering from Alzheimer's disease. One day I'll treat patients with AD and conduct research to find the cause and potentially a cure.



I'm originally from Sylvania, OH. I try to get back as much as possible to visit my family. Both of my parents are retired and have been married for 35 years. They both have great senses of humor, so I'm sure many stories will turn up about them. I have an 18 year old sister, Allison. She's a senior in high school and deciding which college she'll attend next year.






I currently live in Kansas City, MO with my boyfriend and best friend, Anthony. We bought a house a year and half ago and have slowly started to make it ours. I couldn't ask for anyone better to share my life with.






We've recently had an addition to our small family. We took in a stray cat, but she really adopted us. We've named her Kimble and have been enjoying having her around the house.





Things I Love:

Traveling


Photography




My Best Friend, Shannon


Billy Joel


Clouds


Watching TV



Facebook


Sleeping


Hawkeye Football



Jesus


And that's just the beginning. Now you know a little bit more about me. I hope you enjoy my stories, rants, sarcasm, and unique outlook on life!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

YES!!! I'm listed above Billy Joel!!!!!!

Ms. Mayhem said...

I look forward to the sarcasm! Yeah!