Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Early V-Day

Anthony is in Dallas on business for the week, which means he'll be gone for Valentine's Day. It's actually not a big deal to me. I'm studying for my exam next week, so I wouldn't have much time to celebrate anyways. Plus I've never been one to celebrate Hallmark holidays (don't let this out, the Halls pay for my school!)

I do buy cards for everyone that is close to me, though. They may not ACTUALLY make it to people on the holiday, but it's the thought that counts, right? So Mom, Dad, and Allison, you've been pre-warned this year.

And I don't just buy any old card. I really try to find the card that says everything much better than I can. I'll spend 20 minutes reading every card in the aisle just to find the perfect one.

I bought Anthony's cards this weekend. I found two from me and just couldn't decide on one, so I got them both. I also bought him one from Kimble because I've gone crazy and become pathetically in love with my cat. Well I woke up early to see him off this morning and gave him the cards. I don't know if it was the 6 am departure or it was the Kimble card, but all he could do was stare at me and shake his head when he opened it. Ah, he loved it.

1 comment:

"The Rob" said...

Allow me to explain. GUYS DON'T WANT V-DAY GIFTS!! We buy them because society dictates we have to, or the one's we love hate us. "Normal" guys like to give, and hate to receive; especially for sweetest day, v-day, etc. For a guy, V-day is everyday that our loved ones snuggle with us while we watch a game, and keep the snacks coming. Know that.