Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Babies and Giants

I finally ventured into Kansas this weekend.

Yes, it took me over a year and half.

My good friend from medical school is having twins.

Yes, medical school AND twins.

Shannon and I left in the morning to drive to Wichita. The thought of the three hour drive wasn’t bad. But it turns out, it is really BORING. Not that we didn’t have good conversations, we did. It’s just…Kansas…wow…there is nothing except a few random cows and miles upon miles of flat, flat land. I’m sure it’s beautiful in the summer and spring, but winter….BORING. Maybe I’ll actually find out in another year and a half.

The shower was nice. I think Delane was excited to see everyone. We only played two baby shower games. Relief for me! But, Shannon was actually excited about the infamous shower games. We had dinner with a friend down there and started the drive back. I’ve got so used to driving in the city that the pitch black roads were slightly challenging to get used to. More good conversation and we were back in traffic, lights, and civilization in no time.

Anthony and I went to a Super Bowl party on Sunday. Our realtor, Gary, and his wife were the hosts. We became good friends with them after our house fiasco. The exciting part is that Gary actually played NFL football…for the Giants. Yes, I still get slightly star struck. Yes, it’s stupid. He wasn’t a starter and he doesn’t like to talk about it. But he has a SB ring and that’s good enough for me to get all googly-eyed.

The party was fun. Good food. Nice people. I think Gary and I were the only two people rooting for the Giants. I’m a fan of the Mannings and have never liked Brady and especially Randy Moss.

Overall, it was a great weekend. Very little studying, but nice and relaxing. Now time to catch up!

No comments: