Monday, March 10, 2008

Clarinet, Schmarinet

This is what started it all.

from www.indexed.blogspot.com/

My mom and I got free tickets to go see a concert when I was in the 3rd grade. I remember the horror of the show, but couldn't remember the artist's name. I actually ended up falling asleep, which isn't much of a surprise if you know me. I believe we even left early. It was that bad.

After a few google searches of "famous clarinetists" and "famous clarinetists + Christmas music", no luck.

And here is what transpired:

[Megan]: Hey, who was that clarinetist that I talked about going to see with my mom when I fell asleep?
[Anthony]: No clue. Where were you seeing them?
[Megan]: It was in Toledo. Like in 1993, we got free tickets. He's famous. I think he plays Christmas music too.
[Anthony]: Anthony does not know clarineting
[Megan]: He's like adult contemporary or something.....but not good
[Anthony]: Only dude I know that plays something like that is Kenny G
[Megan]: YES, that's it!
[Anthony]: Kenny G?
[Megan]: Yes, one of the scars of my childhood
[Anthony]: He is a saxophonist, not a clarinetist
[Megan]: Whatever, you blow in it

No comments: